SMILE on the World!
Nothing speaks louder than positive actions to make the world a better place! Stopping to recycle our waste, re-using or re-purposing an old object, quickly turning off the shower, planting a community garden, eliminating the need for daily private transportation – all these are the ‘little things’ that bring about efficiency and sustainability in the environment. Every action during the day has a consequence! Don’t just ‘think’ about being pro-earth, make the move, and see the wonderful things that can result from it!
- Hang your clothes to dry. This will save money and reduce your Carbon Footprint. It will also extend the life of your clothes.
- Use both sides of paper. Print double-sided and put the drafts in the recycle bin.
- Repair instead of replace. Fix electronic devices and clothes instead of buying new ones. Eliminate excess trash and pollution.
- Recycle or give away used items. Before you throw things away, look for another way to use them, or find someone else that might need them.
- Purchase used products or those made with recycled materials. Clothes, wooden matches, cardboard containers.
How could changing one habit make a difference for the next generation?
Community gardens foster neighborhoods of trust, reciprocity and sharing
How did you live “Smile on the world”?
Today was a ‘double’ Earth Cube special… living two sides of the cube at the same time: ‘NOW is the Time!’ and ‘SMILE on the World!’ I looked in my sock drawer this morning and realized how many I have and could share. So, I bundled the extras up others. Less is more!(Paris, France)
Today I was hanging my clothes that my mom had just washed. As I began hanging my clothes I saw some clothes that I really didn’t need anymore so I recycled them and gave them away to the Homeless Shelter.(California, USA)
Had some alone time to reflect and talk to God about everything that has happened to me. Be thankful for everything because God always had a plan for everyone and everything.(California, USA)